STTARCall for Nominations
Call for Nominations for the Seoul Test of Time Award of The Web Conference 2018
We would like to allow, for the first time this year, the entire Web community to submit nominations for the Seoul Test of Time Award to be awarded at the Web Conference, WWW’2018 in April 2018 in Lyon. Inaugurated in 2014, the Seoul Test of Time Award is made possible by the generous contribution of the organizers of WWW2014 held in Seoul, South Korea.
This year, we will consider papers that were published in the research track of the conference proceedings between WWW’2003 and WWW’2008 (with a slight preference towards earlier years), and have demonstrated over the years a significant scientific, technical, industrial, and social impact. To avoid duplication and understand the award expectations, we recommend that the nominators verify the previous years laureates at http://www.iw3c2.org/updates/
Nominators should have no conflict of interest with any of the authors of the paper, and should have published in the research track of the Web conference in the past. Submissions should be uploaded to easychair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=www2018tot, before Dec 3, 2017, with the nominator filling the fields of the submission form as follows:
- Address for Correspondence: The nominator should enter his/her own details in that field.
- Author Information: The nominator should enter his/her own details in that field.
- Title and Abstract: The nominator should enter the title of the paper in the Title field and use the abstract field for his/her supporting case. The case should include evidence of significant scientific, technical, industrial, and social impact, including citations counts from DBLP or Google Scholar (supported by a link). In addition, the nominator should give a full reference to his/her own previous WWW publication(s). Finally the nominator should indicate whether s/he would like his/her identity to remain confidential.
- Keywords: Select at least three keywords (one per line) characterizing the submission.
- No COI: It is imperative for this checkbox to be selected for the nomination to be considered.
- Paper: The nominator should upload the pdf of the nominated paper as it appeared in the proceedings.
Should you need any additional information, please send your inquiry to www2018tot (at) easychair.org.
Thanks for your interest in the Web Conference!
on behalf of the Selection Committee of the Seoul Test of Time Award
Selection Committee of the Seoul Test of Time Award of the Web Conference
- Eugene Agichtein (Emory University)
- Andrei Broder (Google)
- Robin Chen (AT&T)
- Chin-Wan Chung (KAIST)
- Krishna Gummadi (Max Planck Institute)
- Ian Horrocks (University of Oxford)
- Arun Iyengar (IBM Research)
- Yoelle Maarek (Amazon) – Chair
- Marc Najork (Google)
- Ben Zhao (University of Chicago)