forThe BIG Web
Many of today’s most successful enterprises – in business and in science – are built on the collection and analysis of data. The sheer volume and richness of these data sets has stimulated a massive wave of innovation. In addition, this revolution has also sparked important debate on data privacy policies, ethics and governance.
The BigData Innovators Gathering (BIG) will bring together academic and industry leaders in the big data space to share the state of the art and its successful application in business. This event will be co-located with WWW conference for the fifth time, now as a fully fledged alternate track named The BIG Web in The Web Conference.
- Evgeniy Gabrilovich (Google, US)
- Kira Radinsky (eBay, Israel)
- Kuansan Wang (Microsoft, US)
- Robin Chen (AT&T, USA)
- Chin-Wan Chung (KAIST, Korea)
- Jim Hendler (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
- Frédérique Laforest (University of Lyon, France)
- Wei-Ying Ma (Toutiao, China)
- Luc Mariaux (University of Lyon, France)
- Marc Najork (Google, USA)
BIG 2018 program
- Keynote speakers
- Invited speakers (will be announced as soon as possible)
BIG 2018 Cup
For technical reasons, we will not be able to run the BIG 2018 CUP. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Looking forward to organizing this cup again in 2019.
- BIG 2014 co-located with WWW 2014 – Seoul – South Korea
- BIG 2015 co-located with WWW 2015 – Florence – Italy
- BIG 2016 co-located with WWW 2016 – Montreal – Canada
- BIG 2017 co-located with WWW 2017 – Perth – Western Australia
- BIG 2015 CUP: Classify malware into families based on file content and characteristics. See details
- BIG 2016 CUP: Participants were supposed to submit a REST service endpoint that can verify whether a paper is written by a given author in an online judge system. See details
- BIG 2017 CUP: The task was to predict whether a pair of given concepts has IsA relationship. See details