forWeb For All
The International Web for All Conference (W4A) began in 2004 as a workshop aiming to make the World Wide Web accessible for people with disabilities. Now in its 15th year, this co-located conference attracts a diverse crowd from academia, industry, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Work presented at W4A is centered on Web accessibility for people with a range of diverse needs and access requirements – such as those with with disabilities. The conference welcomes work broadly related to this area. W4A is a top venue for scientists, students, and practitioners from around the world to showcase their latest research, widen their perspectives through discussions with their peers, and establish future research agendas. There are a number of ways to participate in W4A:
- Papers submitted to the Technical paper track undergo rigorous peer review and those accepted to the conference invited to present. Technical papers are expected to describe mature work providing a strong contribution to the field.
- Position papers, works-in-progress and contributions should submit a shorter Communication paper.
- The Accessibility Challenge allows entrants to demonstrate a working system or application in a fast-paced session.
- The Doctoral Consortium provides a forum for students to gain constructive feedback on their work from established experts in the field.
- A Poster presentation session will be open for exhibitors to showcase their work.
The specific theme for 2018 will be announced very soon. As is true every year, all topics related to accessibility are welcome. These might include, but are not limited to: ageing, cognition, culture, dexterity, disability, diversity, health, income, infrastructure, language and mobility, universal design, assistive technology engineering, content transformation, user modeling, wearable technologies, mobile web and more.
- Chris Bailey (System Concepts, United Kingdom)
- Jeffrey P. Bigham (Carnegie Mellon University, USA)
Contact: w4achairs (at) www2018.thewebconf.org
All submission deadlines are at 9:00pm HAST.