forThe BIG Web
Many of today’s most successful Internet companies and enterprises are built on the collection and analysis of Web data. The sheer volume and richness of these data sets has stimulated a massive wave of innovation. In addition, this revolution has also sparked important debate on data privacy policies, ethics and governance.
The BIG Web Alternate Track will bring together academic and industry leaders in the Big Data space to share the state of the art and its successful applications in businesses. This event continues the BIG (Big Data Innovators Gathering) series of events co-located with the WWW conferences in 2014-2017, but is incorporated for the first time as an alternate track in The Web Conference 2018.
The BIG Web track will include keynotes and a panel on hot and emerging topics. We also invite paper submissions that are related to the theme of Big Data on the Web, and highlight novel developments in the foundations, infrastructure, applications and implications of Big Data.
- Analytic and statistical models
- Deep learning over large data sets
- Data visualization techniques
- Scalable and distributed data management
- Scalable and parallel algorithms
- Heterogeneous architectures (CPUs paired with GPUs, FPGAs, ASICs) for machine learning over big data
- Methods for large collections of text, images, video
- Streaming data and real-time applications
- Data protection, data integrity and provenance, and data security
- Privacy and policy issues regarding big data applications
- Sensor data and ubiquitous computing
- Web search, mining and social media
- Evaluation methodologies, metrics and benchmarks.
- Frédérique Laforest (Univ. St-Etienne, France)
Contact: bigwebchairs (at) www2018.thewebconf.org
Papers must be submitted in PDF according to the new ACM format published in ACM guidelines, selecting the generic “sigconf” sample.
Submissions should not exceed 8 pages.
They must be submitted via EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=www2018satellites.
All submission deadlines are at 9:00pm HAST.