The journal track is a new track within TheWebConf 2018. It is intended as a forum for presentations of significant Web-related research results that have been published recently in well known and established journals and have never been presented at any Web-related conference. The goal is to give visibility of these results to a conference audience as well as to promote discussions concerning such results.
The papers will be selected from those published (even only in the electronic version) in a pool of well established and recognized journals (see the list below) in the last around two years (starting from January 1st 2015 until present), even if exceptions could be made for papers judged as potentially very influential but that have been published before January 2015 or in a journal not listed below. The authors of such papers will have the opportunity to present their work during the conference days and to publish an extended abstract of this work in The Web Conference satellite proceedings.
We are currently inspecting the journals listed below for sending invitations to (contact) authors of papers that could be eligible for this track by September 27th at latest. If you think you are eligible (and have not been contacted), please contact the chairs of this track by October 13th at the following email address journalchairs (at) www2018.thewebconf.org by specifying the subject “WWW 2018 Journal Track – nomination of papers” and providing all necessary information within the email text, that is: paper title, author names and email addresses, journal where the paper has been published, possibly the paper itself or a clear reference to it; authors will also need to confirm that the main results in the paper have not been presented at any Web-related conference.
- Claudia d’Amato (University of Bari, Italy)
- Francesco Marcelloni (University of Pisa, Italy)
- Rudi Studer (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany)
Contact: journalchairs (at) www2018.thewebconf.org
All authors will need to:
- Submit an extended abstract (up to 4 pages + 1 page of references) in the ACM format using easychair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=www2018satellites by October 18th
- Receive notifications by November 21st (the paper will be reviewed very lightly for format and accessibility checks).
- Send the camera-ready copy by December 5th.
- Present the paper during the conference days (April 23rd-27th).
List of selected and inspected journals:
- Journal of Network and Computer Applications
- Journal of Web Semantics
- Semantic Web Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems
- Journal of Machine Learning Research
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- ACM Transactions on the Web
- ACM Computing Surveys
- Knowledge-based systems
- Artificial Intelligence
All submission deadlines are at 9:00pm HAST.