The purpose to identify and motivate presentations of flagship international research projects to make them visible to the community. This is following the success of the European Project Track at the WWW2012 in Lyon.
International project Track Chairs:
- Manuel Tomas Carrasco Benitez (European Commission, Luxembourg)
- Pascal Hitzler (Wright State University, USA)
- Irwin King (The Chinese University, Hong-Kong)
- Moussa Lo (Univ. Gaston Berger, Senegal)
- Erik Mannens (iMinds – Ghent University – Multimedia Lab, Belgium)
- Daniel Schwabe (Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
Contact: intprojectchairs (at) www2018.thewebconf.org
Expected two pages submission:
- Name of all investigators (indicating principal investigator)
- Name of the presenter
- Project duration
- Project volume (how much funding)
- Funding agency
- Official website
- Title and abstract
- Paragraph explaining why the research is important and timeline
- Paragraph describing the content of the presentation or demonstration
- Up to 5 durable results (papers, patents, software)
Desirable features of submitted projects:
- Collaborative, involving multiple organizations
- Address either important emerging research topics or address transfer of research into practice
- Have a significant project volume (in terms of funding)
- Towards the middle or end of funding period, so some results can be shown
- Easily presentable to a general audience (e.g., have a nice demo)
- Have a presenter who is known to be a good speaker
Submissions must be made using easychair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=www2018satellites.
- International project full papers submission deadline : 13 November 2017
- International project acceptance notification : 15 January 2018
All submission deadlines are at 9:00pm HAST.
The copyright note on main CFP page doesn’t apply to this track.